I’m having a really tough time with this whole weight issue. Let me explain …
we are here.
Since the last time I used it (around December 2008) I have gained 6.6 lbs.
Since I have been here, using it daily, I have gained 2 lbs.
There are a ton of excuses I could use … the medication I am on makes me gain weight, the 1 lb of Easter bunny solid milk chocolate that I scarfed down in 4 days,
I am starting to run so that would add muscle, or I am mid-menstrual cycle and crampy and bloated. All of these are true but I still feel disgusting and blimpy.
I don’t want my daughter to hear me complaining about my butt being too big or my hips or wherever. I want her to know that Mommy goes to the gym or works out to get healthy and feel good. I want to be here for her and don’t want my health to be a problem. I also want her to have a good self-image.
- I am starting to track my Weight Watchers points (I am a lifetime member who has gone off-the-wagon after two kids).
- I am going to exercise (Wii Fit, run or the gym) at least 30 minutes a day and bring it home so I can ensure I get it done.
- I will plan healthy menus on a weekly basis (one for me and one for the kids).
- I will increase my water consumption.
- I will work with my doctor to wean off my medication (it’s part of the medical plan so it’s all good).