I’m going to do my best to participate, and succeed, at the 28 Day Organizing Challenge set out by I’m An Organizing Junkie.
The Official 28 Day Organizing Challenge Rules:
- During the month of February participants have 28 days to organize either a whole room and/or small space in their home
- You can enter multiple spaces if you’d like but participants will be asked to create a separate blog post for each entry
- Two Mr. Linky posts (one for small space and one for whole room) will go up on the morning of March 1st for participants to link up to with a post showcasing BOTH their before and after pictures of the newly organized space. Participants will also be asked to answer a few questions about the process they followed. Questions to come.
- Entries that don’t include both before and after pictures and/or question summary will be eliminated.
- The challenge end Mr. Linky cut off will be March 2nd at 12:00 pm PST.
- Judges will be specifically looking at overall transformation, creative use of space, storage solutions that work and overall experience.
Overall Transformation – A well organized, uncluttered, clearly defined and efficient space that lends itself to easy maintenance.
Creative Use of Space – Using creative solutions to allow you to maximize your space and create zones in a new and manageable way.
Storage Solutions that Work – Using storage solutions that allow you to establish boundaries and limits and contain “like with like”.
Overall Experience – The process that got you to the uncluttered space mentally and physically.
Side note from Org Junkie: My philosophy on organizing is that it doesn’t need to cost big bucks to do it and so you’ll notice that $$ spent is not even a factor in the judging criteria. Many a creative storage solution can be found for next to nothing. Be creative, think outside of the box and let your organizing imaginations run wild 🙂